TEXO’s Young Constructors Council (YCC) is an elite group of construction industry professionals in the DFW Metroplex under the age of 35 who come together to learn about the industry, develop leadership skills, network, build relationships, and benefit from one another.
Since its inception more than 10 years ago, YCC has become one of the most successful organizations for young construction professionals in the nation. In partnering with TEXO to help train and develop their young professionals, our members are seeing the next generation of industry leaders come through YCC.
Membership in YCC is a yearlong commitment consisting of monthly large group and small group meetings, with applications opening in August and due in October.
Past & Upcoming Events
January 2020 – New Member Retreat at the American Airlines Center
January 2020 – Networking at Bowlmor in Addison
February 2020 – Speaker Tracy Timm at Gilley’s in Dallas
March 2020 – Speaker Alex Fichera at House of Blues in Dallas
April 2020 – Speaker Andrew Tarvin at Venue Forty50 in Addison
May 2020 – Jobsite Tour of Globe Life Field in Arlington
- Sign in to www.texoassociation.org (request Username/Password from firstname.lastname@example.org if needed)
- Update your TEXO profile – Click here
- Fill out your application and upload required documents via the TEXO Online Application Submission System
- Head Shot
- Nomination Letter from your CEO/ Executive
- Recommendation Letter (encouraged, not required)
- Signed Rules of Engagement – Click here to download
2020 applications will open August 13, 2020 and are due by September 23, 2020. Applicants will be notified by October 1, 2020.
- Employer must be a TEXO member
- Demonstrated potential for leadership
- Prior educational & professional achievements
- Industry vision
- Personal motivation
- Dedication to career success
- Must have at least two years of industry experience
|TEXO Member Type||Annual Construction Volume (Contractor Members)||Number of YCC Members Allowed|
|3M – 5.9M||3|
|6M – 9.9M||4|
|10M – 19.9M||5|
|20M – 29.9M||7|
|30M – 49.9M||8|
|50M – 99.9M||11|
- Attendance at all YCC meetings
- Communication and collaboration between members
- Participation in YCC-sponsored events
- Each member is allowed a maximum of three absences from required meetings of the YCC.
- In addition, new members are required to attend the New Member Retreat in January.
- Upon absence from two required meetings, the member’s employer is notified of the absences and violation of the Rules of Engagement.
- Upon the third absence, the member will be terminated from the YCC, and their space under the membership cap guidelines will be vacated for the remainder of the year.
- Applications will open in August 2020.
- Application (including resume, photo, and nomination letters) must be submitted by September 23, 2020 at 5pm.
- Applicants will be notified by October 1, 2020.
- New members are strongly encouraged to attend the TEXO YCC Tailgate on October 17, 2020, held at Silver Lake Marina on Lake Grapevine. Bring yourself and your family, and come join us for a day of fun!
- YCC meets every third Wednesday of the month from 5:30-7:30PM, unless otherwise specified. Topics include: governmental affairs, professional development, industry relations, and community outreach.
- YCC Small Groups meet once a month at a date and time of their choosing.
Yes. By joining the YCC, members agree that TEXO may take and use photographs or videos of them as needed for its record keeping, advertising, social media, and/or public relations projects, and they have no rights to the same and will not be compensated for the same.