**Contact TEXO for a username and password to register**
Leading and Managing Millennials in Construction (and everyone else).
Date: Wednesday, August 21
Time: 7:30am - 11:30am (breakfast provided)
Location: TEXO Dallas Conference Center
Cost: Members- $75
Millennials. No other topic in the industry is as divisive. Companies of all sizes struggle to recruit talented. Millennials to their teams, yet those that succeed are faced with a more daunting challenge—how do you consistently engage, motivate, and coach this new generation? While there is broad consensus the different generations—Baby Boomers, Gen Xers, and Millennials—see the world differently, the meaningful questions are To what degree? and Why? In partnership with Purdue University and the University of Denver, Bradley Hartmann led an intergenerational, industry-specific study to evaluate how each generation views themselves—and views the other generations. The results and recommendations will entertain and enlighten, enabling your multigenerational team to collaborate more effectively.
In the workshop, participants will:
- Understand how Millennial cultural shifts impact the development of trust and engagement with supervisors.
- Share techniques to improve communication driven by clarity of intent and planned follow-up.
- Develop a framework for questioning our own assumptions and how we demonstrate respect.
- Discuss best practices and pitfalls when communicating career path opportunities and obstacles.
- Understand how persuasion/influence has shifted over the past 20 years and what it means for us.
- Compare and contrast attendee perspectives (of themselves, Millennials) compared to national study.
- Develop framework for scheduling and executing informal coaching consistently.
About the Speaker: Bradley Hartmann
Bradley Hartmann is the founder of Red Angle, Inc. In his role as President, Hartmann works with the nation's largest contractors and construction retailers, helping them build trust with the Hispanic demographic to drive productivity, safety, retention and sales. Hartmann's core services include Hispanic strategy facilitation with executive teams, Cultural IQ workshops for leaders at all levels, construction-specific language training (Spanish & English, on-site and digital delivery), and keynote speeches.
Hartmann is the author of four books and hosts Red Angle Radio, the only podcast dedicated to sharing insights from leaders with first-hand knowledge of Hispanic culture and the Spanish language. His monthly newsletter, Red Angle Revista, is read by thousands of business leaders each month.
After losing his QB position to Tony Romo in college, Bradley earned a degree in Spanish and lived in Guadalajara, México. He later earned his MBA with Distinction and teaches at Purdue and Oklahoma State University. And no, he does not find the term ginger offensive.
- TEXO reserves the right to cancel all or part of the above training up to 30 days prior to the scheduled event based on attendance numbers. A minimum of five people needs to be registered for this event to be held.
- Cancellations made between 14 and 8 days prior to the start date of the activity will be refunded in full.
- Cancellations made seven days or fewer prior to the start date of the activity, no refund but substitutions may be made.
- Note that refund requests must be coordinated with Ashlyn Smith
Please contact TEXO at 972-647-0697 with any questions. Thank You!