WHAT IS THE CHALLENGE CUP?
Competition makes for a better marketplace. The best companies excel when they are faced with competition and are required to step up their game. The TEXO Challenge Cup, presented by Williams Scotsman, is no different. Companies compete in a 7 event tournament that spans across a calendar year. Every event matters when there are only 7. The Cup Competition begins in Spring with the ASA/TEXO Bass Classic & TEXO Softball Tournament. The summer brings out the best golfers as they tee it up for the TEXO Open Golf Tournament. As summer draws to a close and hunting season gets close on the calendar, each team competes in the TEXO Clay Shoot. The TEXO Tailgate in the fall is the largest event and combines the final three competitions: the YCC Washers Tournament, the TEXO Chili Cook-off, and the TEXO BBQ Cook-off. The tournament for the classic tailgating game of Washers is played while the cooking teams fine tune their secret recipes and battle it out in the two on-site cooking competitions.
HOW does IT WORK?
Each event has a predetermined and posted point scoring system that awards points for participation and performance. Bonus points will be available for each event based on specialized criteria like company owner or president participation, Owner / Architect / Engineer participation, and event sponsorship or sponsorship recruitment efforts.
WHAT CAN WE WIN?
- For one year, the beautiful and hand-crafted TEXO Challenge Cup will reside in your office displaying your company’s industry achievement
- Two (2) free tables at TEXO’s Holiday & Awards Gala
- 10% reduction in Company’s dues for year following TEXO Challenge Cup victory
- Scholarship awarded to Construction Science or Construction Management major in your company’s honor
- The prestige and admiration of winning the industry’s most sought after title: “The TEXO Challenge Cup winner”
- Build company morale while having fun alongside peers and buyers of your services.
- Opportunity to network and share in friendly competition amongst the industry’s elite
- All events, except the Bass Tournament, are exclusive to TEXO Member firms, helping develop more collaborative and profitable relationships
- Spread throughout the year, these 7 premier TEXO events are conveniently scheduled and located to maximize member participation
- Excellent sponsorship opportunities to reach members of the best and largest construction community in Texas.
2018 Challenge Cup Point System
New points available this year include points for contributions to the TEXO PAC and Advocacy Funds. 5 points will be given for each TEXO PAC donation over $50 for each employee from your company, not to exceed 100 points. 100 points will be given for a Corporate donation to the TEXO Advocacy Fund over $1,000, limited to 1. These points will be totaled after each Challenge Cup event, and added to the point totals at that time. For more information on the TEXO PAC and to make a donation, click here
, for more information about TEXO's Governmental Affairs, click here
. To make a donation to the TEXO Advocacy Fund, contact the TEXO office, 972-647-0697, or email email@example.com
2018 Point System
2018 CHALLENGE CUP Leader Board
*Note that theses standings include PAID PAC and Advocacy Donations*
||Humphrey & Associates, Inc.
||Austin Commercial, L.P.
||CORE Construction Services of Texas, Inc.
||The Beck Group
||Brasfield & Gorrie LLC
||Johnston Products of Dallas
||Ridgemont Commercial Construction
||Polk Mechanical Company
||Southwest Construction Services
||Andres Construction Services
||MEDCO Construction LLC
||Cadence McShane Construction Co LLC