As of 2020, TEXO is an NCCER-accredited training sponsor and assessment center.
NCCER is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) education foundation developed with the support of more than 125 construction CEOs and various association and academic leaders who united to revolutionize training for the construction industry. Sharing the common goal of developing a safe and productive workforce, these companies created a standardized training and credentialing program for the industry. This progressive program has evolved into curricula for more than 70 craft areas and a complete series of more than 70 assessments.
NCCER’s workforce development process of accreditation, instructor certification, standardized curriculum, registry, assessment and certification is a key component in the industry’s workforce development efforts. This standardized training provides an industry-wide standard of recognition, career advancement opportunities, and a personal sense of accomplishment, professionalism, and pride for workers.
Why NCCER Training?
The bottom-line results of the standardized training process are increased productivity, reduced accidents, and, in turn, more cost-effective construction and maintenance operations.
- As industries compete more fiercely for fewer qualified workers, a professional, accredited training program that offers industry-recognized credentials and a clearly defined career path will attract and retain high-caliber workers.
- In today’s highly competitive markets, clients demand increased project quality. Only those contractors with trained and skilled workers capable of meeting that demand will succeed.
- Standardized training will create a national pool of construction and maintenance workers with documented, portable credentials.
- Training improves productivity, which increases profitability.
- Standardized training will establish construction and maintenance industries as industries with credible career opportunities rather than just jobs.
- Career paths defined through standardized training will improve the image of the industry.
- Corporate commitment to improving workforce skills and professionalism increases employee loyalty and motivation while reducing absenteeism and turnover.
- Construction and maintenance users, pipeline operators, and regulatory bodies do not tolerate contractors with unsafe, unskilled workers and hold employers liable for failing to train their employees.
- Corporate commitment to training clearly demonstrates a commitment to quality management, providing a critical competitive edge.
- A professional, well-trained workforce increases overall client satisfaction, thereby increasing the potential for repeat business.
- Well-trained workers are more capable of identifying potential problems and making innovative, cost-reducing solutions.
- Contractors who train have a competitive advantage.
- NCCER’s standardized training provides an industry-wide standard of recognition, career advancement opportunities, and a personal sense of accomplishment, professionalism, and pride for workers.
Want Member Pricing?
TEXO Members enjoy discounted pricing on all NCCER assessments and training courses. Join today to access these discounts and more!Learn More
High School or University?
Do you represent a school interested in partnering with TEXO as your Accredited Training Sponsor? Click below to fill out our interest form.Contact Us