TEXO’s Young Constructors Council (YCC) is an elite group of construction industry professionals in the DFW Metroplex under the age of 35 who come together to learn about the industry, develop leadership skills, network, build relationships, and benefit from one another.
Since its inception more than 10 years ago, YCC has become one of the most successful organizations for young construction professionals in the nation. In partnering with TEXO to help train and develop their young professionals, our members are seeing the next generation of industry leaders come through YCC.
Membership in YCC is a yearlong commitment consisting of monthly large group and small group meetings, with applications opening in August and due in October.
2024 Applications Now Open
As of August 1, the YCC is now accepting applications for 2024. Click below to view the Rules of Engagement and apply today. Applications will close Monday, October 2, 2023.
*NOTE: Each TEXO member company gets a set amount of YCC slots based on member type and size. Please click the “+” next to “How many YCC members can my company have?” in the Q&A section below to see how many slots your firm qualifies for.
Past & Upcoming Events
January 2023: New Member Retreat at Cinnamon Creek Ranch
February 2023: “Wingman” Panel Discussion at Lasco Acoustics & Drywall
March 2023: Legislative Trip to Texas State Capitol in Austin
April 2023: Jobsite Tour at Loews Hotel
May 2023: Contractor “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) Panel
June 2023: Hilti Shop Tour
July 2023: Bring Your Intern/Coworker Event at Fowling Warehouse
August 2023: Bring Your Boss Event at Silverlake 2200
September 2023: Jobsite Tour at HALL Park
October 2023: TEXO YCC Tailgate at Silver Lake Marina
November 2023: Canned Food Drive & End-of-Year Social at The Door Company
- Sign in to web.texoassociation.org/portal (request Username/Password from firstname.lastname@example.org if needed)
- Once in your Member Portal, click “Profile Update” to ensure we have your complete profile information
- Fill out your application and upload required documents via the YCC 2024 Online Application Form
- Nomination Letter from your CEO/ Executive
- Recommendation Letter (encouraged, not required)
- Signed Rules of Engagement – Click here to download
2024 applications are now open and will close on Monday, October 2, 2023.
- Employer must be a TEXO member
- Demonstrated potential for leadership
- Prior educational & professional achievements
- Industry vision
- Personal motivation
- Dedication to career success
- Must have at least two years of industry experience
|TEXO Member Type||Annual Construction Volume (Contractor Members)||Number of YCC Members Allowed|
|3M – 5.9M||3|
|6M – 9.9M||4|
|10M – 19.9M||5|
|20M – 29.9M||7|
|30M – 49.9M||8|
|50M – 99.9M||11|
- Attendance at all YCC meetings
- Communication and collaboration between members
- Participation in YCC-sponsored events
- Each member is allowed a maximum of three absences from required meetings of the YCC.
- In addition, new members are required to attend the New Member Retreat in January.
- Upon absence from two required meetings, the member’s employer is notified of the absences and violation of the Rules of Engagement.
- Upon the third absence, the member will be terminated from the YCC, and their space under the membership cap guidelines will be vacated for the remainder of the year.
- Applications will open in August 2023.
- Application (including resume, photo, and nomination letters) must be submitted by October 2, 2023.
- Applicants will be notified directly once applications have been processed.
- YCC meets every third Wednesday of the month from 5:30 P.M. – 7:30 P.M., unless otherwise specified. Topics include: governmental affairs, professional development, industry relations, and community outreach.
- YCC Small Groups meet once a month at a date and time of their choosing.
Yes. By joining the YCC, members agree that TEXO may take and use photographs or videos of them as needed for its record keeping, advertising, social media, and/or public relations projects, and they have no rights to the same and will not be compensated for the same.